Thursday, May 31, 2012

6 Days After ACL Surgery: My Ugly Knee

As mentioned in my previous post, I saw the doctor today blah blah blah he took my bandages off blah blah blah and my knee is quite ugly. Below is a picture with the sock on it that I am supposed to wear over my knee to avoid getting it dirty/infected.


 Follow me after the jump for a quick update and some pictures without the sock (warning: not too pretty)
In the first picture you can see the view from the top, with the stitches right below my knee (yes, they shaved my knee):


In the 2nd photo, you can see the view from the side:


So, I can finally see my knee, it is finally fixed, so I guess it can only get better from here, right? Today has been a little rough, more so emotionally, because I finally got the bandages off, I know my knee is fixed on the inside, and now its really up to me to make everything work. 

However, the pain is the issue. My doctor told me that I am probably going to need to exercise after taking my painkillers. So I did that about an hour ago and Im going to try and do as he says and feel better about myself.

Today is when everything starts moving forward. I will do whatever it takes to get my knee functioning the way it should be and I will just have to deal with the pain. To keep myself motivated and focused on strengthening my leg, I will come up with a workout routine either tonight or in the near future (meaning, next few days).

To the 15 views I got on my blog yesterday (RECORD HITS!) If anyone has any suggestions for a good routine I can follow everyday, well then please send it over or just share it in the comments. If not, well don't kill yourself over it, I will be using Google for that too.

Til' tomorrow my fellow ACL connoisseur.  


No comments:

Post a Comment